Want to learn more about positive messaging, or climate action you can take?
- Read: How to talk about climate change: A toolkit for encouraging collective action – by The Workshop
- Read: Common Cause Foundation work on values and frames.
- Read: A Matter of Fact – Talking Truth in a Post-Truth World, Jess Berentson-Shaw
- Do: Common Cause training in New Zealand delivered by The Workshop – the introductory one-day workshop is very powerful and will help you with framing your wider messages on any given topic
- Read: Anat Shenkar-Osorio‘s thinking about messaging
- Check out: Let’s Talk Climate – Messages for Americans, EcoAmerica – similar to the toolkit at #1
- Read: Exponential Climate Action Roadmap for the eight big strategies needed in policy, climate leadership and technology leadership, and what steps need to be taken at a global level.
- Read: Climate of Hope, Michael Bloomberg and Carl Pope to see what is possible at the individual, local and national level.
- Watch 2040 the film (or read the book)
- Read: Being the Change – Live well and spark a climate revolution, Peter Kalmus if you want to go deeper into how your individual actions can help you find a calm centre in these changing times.
- Attend: Climate Reality Project training if they hold another one in this region. It’s free to attend, you just have to get there. Get in touch if you have been or are thinking about going.
Let me know if you have any suggestions for additions to this list. I am really grateful to everyone who has given me ideas so far.